Pumpkin, caramelised leek & goat's cheese lasagne
• 1 packet Casalare Gluten-Free Lasagne Sheets
• 1 jar Riverina Grove Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
• 1 large butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 3cm cubes
• 8 large sage leaves, finely chopped
• 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
• 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 120g goat’s cheese (chèvre), roughly crumbled
• Grated mozzarella and tasty cheese, to top
• 3 large leeks, tough leaves and roots discarded, washed and finely sliced
• 60ml (¼ cup) caramelised balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 100g butter
• 200g Casalare Gluten-Free Not So Plain Flour
• 1.5L milk, warmed
• 45g (½ cup) finely grated parmesan
• Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan).
Combine pumpkin, olive oil, sage and rosemary in a large bowl. Season well then toss to coat. Spread over a baking tray lined with baking paper the roast for 45 mins or until soft. Remove pumpkin but leave oven on.
To make caramelised leek, heat oil in large frypan over medium heat. Add leek and fry, stirring every few minutes, until golden and very soft (around 30 mins). Stir in caramelised balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and fry for a further 2 mins, then set aside.
To make béchamel, heat butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add flour and stir, cooking until mixture becomes a light golden colour. Slowly add milk, whisking after each addition, until a thick sauce forms. Once all milk has been added, cook for a further 2 mins, then remove from heat, whisk in parmesan and season.
To assemble the lasagne, in a rectangular, ovenproof dish spread 2 tbsp pasta sauce on the bottom. Layer dry lasagne sheets on top then spread a generous amount of pasta sauce, 1/3 of the béchamel sauce, 1/2 of the caramelised leek, 1/2 the pumpkin, and half the goat's cheese. Repeat lasagne sheet, pasta sauce, béchamel, caramelised leek, pumpkin and goat’s cheese layer, then top with a final layer of lasagne sheets, remaining béchamel and a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.
Bake for 40-50 mins or until cooked through and lasagne sheets are soft (depending on your oven, you may need to cover the lasagne with foil half way to prevent cheese top burning).