CHICKEN UMEBOSHI CHEESE FRY
• 4 pieces of chicken fillet (2 pieces chicken schnitzel if available)
• 1tbsp Spiral Organic Umeboshi Puree
• 2 slices of cheese
• ¼C baby spinach or basil leaves (or shiso/perilla leaves if available)
• 1 egg, beaten
• ½C Casalare Not-So-Plain Flour
• ½C Casalare Rice Crumbs
• ½C Spiral Organic Sunflower Oil for frying
Cover chicken fillet with plastic wraps on both side, and pat to flat thinly with rolling pin or bottom of the glass jar. (when using schnitzel, cut in half)
On one side of chicken, place cheese and spinach/basil or shiso leaf.
Place the other piece of chicken on the sandwich.
Dip in tempura batter, then coat with rice crumbs.
In a frying pan, heat the oil, fry the chicken on medium heat, when one side is cooked golden, flip it and cook the other side. Drain oil on a paper towel and cut in half.
Serve with salad and enjoy!